First, let me start by saying I love comedy. I mean LOVE it. And I couldn't be more thrilled at the attention and notoriety that today's comediennes are finally getting. I love me some funny ladies.
Last month, Mydomaine.com gave us a tour of Lena Dunham's office/dressing room and it was adorable. In true Girls form, the actor/writer/producer/director's sanctuary is very girly and modern and really seemed like a place she would hang out for hours. This week, Domino gave us a look inside Mindy Kaling's office, and it's just as fun and energetic as she seems to be. Pop-Art wallpaper, bright colors...it really seems to scream MINDY. A perfect space for another funny actor/writer/producer/director to unwind.
So this got me to thinking...
I love Amy Schumer. I mean LOVE. I think she's an incredible feminist voice that is shaking things up in this man's world, and she is freakin' hilarious. I wondered what her office must be like, so I started googling. And nothing. So I decided to create a space for her that, to me, screams her personality and would be a perfect place to lounge between takes of Inside Amy Schumer.
My favorite thing in designing is to make a room just shout to the world the owner's personality. There are chic and cheeky ways to display a person's interests, passions and memories. And when you have someone with as big a personality as Amy's, it's pretty easy. I started with the art, because I knew I wanted to include different portraits of some of the women who influenced Amy from a young age. That really lead the color palette into a mid-century technicolor, which I love. I used that inspiration for the furniture - inspired by mid-century but still fresh.
Amy - You'll probably never see this, but if you do I hope you love it. And if you love it, call me. I'll hook you up. And I promise, I'm not a crazy stalker. I just think you're awesome and inspiring.
Here's what I created just for you:
- Dinner Party Wallpaper by Jill Malek - Girl, I know you like your vino. This will remind you of fun times when it's tough to remember.
- Vienna Large Chandelier by Jonathan Adler - Like jewelry for the room, and lights up so pretty.
- Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work by Walt Yablonsky - This is the art that was commissioned for the documentary about Joan, and it's perfect.
- Ha!: Portrait of Phyllis Diller by Alma Lee - There are no words for this. It's just that amazing.
- Photo of Carol Burnett - I couldn't find the photographer to credit for this one, but if you wanted it I would hunt him/her down and print this baby on canvas.
- The Divine Miss M by Peter Emmerich - Love me some Bette, and I'm pretty sure you do too.
- Buffalo Check Kimball Chair from Anthropologie - A nice bit of black and white pattern (it's my signature) that is graphic but still soft. It helps to balance all the color.
- Bill Murray Pillow by Lampanette - Bill Murry + Ziggy Stardust = MIND BLOWN
- Slub Velvet Darcy Daybed from Anthropologie - A fitting place for you to lounge and relax like the queen you are.
- Beck Stone Side Tables by Interlude Home - Sleek and chic, echoing the shapes and lines in the chandelier...plus, two small tables are easier to move for an impromptu dance party.
- Sari Toca Rug by FJ Kashanian - Soft and silky to cushion your model toes...I know what you did in college, girl.
So what do you think? Did I nail Amy? I mean her personality...get your mind out of the gutter.
P.S. Here are the pics of Mindy and Lena's offices....they are quite fab too.