I love, love, love mixing patterns, and that's why I love textiles and other surface materials (tile, wallpaper, etc.) so very much. But mixing isn't exactly easy. To me, most of the time there needs to be a juxtaposition between two patterns that makes them make sense - like a very organic pattern mixed with something very geometric, or a large pattern mixed with something smaller. But I will say that there are no rules. I'll mix plaid and polka dots together ALL DAY LONG.
- Perseid Wallpaper in Twain Blue, Flat Vernacular
- Aqualou Rug in Lavender, Lulu & Georgia
- Tealia Wallpaper in Moonscape, Flat Vernacular
- Nessa Rug in Grey & Blue, Lulu & Georgia
- Peaks & Valleys Wallpaper in Seychelles, Flat Vernacular
- Bentley Rug in Multi, Lulu & Georgia
What do you think, and which is your fave? Does the thought of mixing patterns make you excited, but a little anxious? Let's talk, and I will show you how to make it work.